Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoos- Gold Rush & Pomegranate Punk



I can't rave about these enough. Theses are definitely a 10 out of 10. For those of you who don't know, Maybelline came out with a new cream eyeshadow line called Color Tattoos. I've personally have always had bad experience with cream shadows since they tend to crease and fade easily, but I must say, the only con I have about this is taking it off. It's stays put all day, doesn't crease, has a bold color that doesn't fade, it's buildable, it dries unlike the cream shadows I've tried in the past, and it does not smudge!

These come in a variety of colors but I chose two that I felt I could wear on a daily basis called "Gold Rush" and "Pomegranate Punk". I've heard lots of people are having trouble finding these in stock but the first CVS I went to had all of them, yet when I went to get an even exchange for ‘Tough as Taupe’ I found that the "Bad to the Bronze" was out. I loved how ‘Tough as Taupe’ was matte unlike the other colors, but the taupe was more of a grey based taupe which didn't quite suit me. I can't stress enough to y'all to KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! seriously! I know you can't try out products like you can in Sephora but I hate when people open things in the store to try it. Buy it, try it, and if you don't like it, return it for a full refund or just get an even exchange. And yes, they will accept used items. My excuse "the color wasn't right" and that's it.

I digress, I apologize. Anyways, you can wear them alone on lazy days, add a dark powder shadow on the outer corners to add more depth, or add a lighter shade in the middle to give more dimension and make them look bigger. Either way, you cant go wrong with these. Plus I love the packaging, its a cute, sleek, mini glass pot that's easier to carry around. Even though these are about $7 each, they are comparable to Mac Paint Pots and well worth it.
Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk-$7
Color Tattoo in Gold Rush-$7
Swatch on my hand  in natural lighting of both

No comments:

Post a Comment