Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow

Revlon Colorstay in Adventurous- $8 (got it for free!)

I'm so excited about this product! 1) because i got it for FREE using my CVS extra care coupons and 2) because its great! I'm not really into vibrant eyeshadow colors anymore but the colors in the"Adventurous" pallet, especially the green, reminded me so much of my old Lancome pallet and I just had to get it. The pallet consists of four shades; a matte cream for highlight, a shimmery olive green for the lid, a shimmery copper/gold to blend out the crease or can be used on the lid, and a matte plum for the crease. I love all the colors and they have excellent pigmentation and best of all, they stay on and don't fade. The formula's nice and smooth - not chalky, its great. Now although the colors are very similar to those from the Lancome pallet, the quality is nothing compared to Lancomes. You get what you pay for. Lancome's shades are super smooth and easier to blend and generally have a better color payoff. So overall I'd give this a 7 out of 10.
Wearing the olive shade all over the lid, copper shade the in the crease, dark brown on the outer edge,  and cream shade as a highlight on the brow bone. Added Revlon liquid liner on top lid with Ardell half lashes on the outer part of the lash line. (Don't normally wear falsies but when I do (for fun), I skip mascara)


Back


Swatches of the 4 shades

No comments:

Post a Comment