Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NYX Matte Lip Cream and Triple Shadow Pallet

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream- $6
I love thisss!!! Like the packaging says, "it's not like anything you've experienced before". It's not a gloss nor a lipstick, but rather a soft matte lip cream. It goes on so smooth and dries to matte finish, which I love. Just a tip though, it will get dry so I suggest you moisturize your lips either before or after you apply it.  So one of my favorite beauty gurus online had this in the shade "Amsterdam" and since the day she introduced them, I was determined to get one. Amsterdam is a beautiful, rich, red shade but too red for my taste and I wanted something a lot more wearable so luckily I found this in the shade "Istanbul" at Urban Outfitter for $6.I was unfortunately the only shade they had but I absolutely love it. Its a great neutral shade, nothing too out of the way that looks great if you like to go heavier on the eyes to balance your look out. Overall, this is worthy of repurchase.
NYX Triple Shadow Pallet in ts03- $8
I checked at CVS and they don't carry NYX products at all. I also checked to see if they had this at HEB but they don't carry this product although they do carry other NYX products. When I was at HEB, I picked up a neutral triple shadows pallet in #TS03 for about $8 and had high expectations for it. The colors are great, one for the lid, one for the crease, and one for highlight. The colors would work on most skin tones. It came with an basic sponge applicator but who ever uses those? It took a lot of effort to get it on the brush, product was really chalky. The color payoff wasn't so great and the packaging was flimsy. The darkest shade is the only reason I carry this around with me. The pallet is thin and easy to carry on the go and the dark brown shows up really well and has great blendablity. Would I buy this again? Probably not, only because there are a lot better dark brown shadows out there and Ive really been wanting to try Maybelline's Color Tattoo shadows. Will be reviewing those next!

No comments:

Post a Comment