Curls can turn out looking awkward and messy if not done right. You want to keep your hair looking soft, frizz-free, with a healthy shine. For soft and touchable curls, avoid using a hairspray. It’s ok for your curls to fall out a bit during the day; it’ll give you an effortless look.
- Start with air-dried, conditioned hair.
- Apply an anti-frizz serum. This will serve to condition and protect your hair from the heat.
- Brush though each section of hair before straightening it to untangle it. To prevent breakage, hold the roots of your hair.
- Brush through the section of hair as you straighten it to get soft, untangled, straight hair. Do this all throughout your hair till it’s all straightened.
- Clip up sections of hair. This will help you curl one layer at a time, especially if you have thick hair.
- To start curling with the straightening iron, start with the bottom layer near your roots or middle of the section of hair, taking it all the way down to your ends.
- Unclip and do the same with the other layers. Remember to curl to the left when curling on the left side of your hair, curling to the right when curling the right side, and curling up and out if you’re curling your bangs.
- Finish off with a serum spray to prevent frizz and add shine.